Wednesday 13 July 2016




We have a new single from Joe Nisbet Jr out this Monday and its a corker! Check out the video and we hope you enjoy it as much as we do.!

Following his critically lauded first album (The Gospel According To Mr Niz), KFM Records is delighted to announce the release of Joe Nisbet Jr's first self-penned song, "JUDGE NOT" on Monday 18th July.

"The positive things people said about the first album gave me the confidence to start writing and recording my own material, which turns out to have a different sound, but doesn't stray far from the usual obsessions - good times, regrets, early r'n'b, drinking, and a bad attitude to authority.


Given the nature of the lyric, I knew the song had to be urgent and honest, so we recorded it very quickly and very live with a group of good friends who just happen to be brilliant musicians - they contributed a level of personality and attitude that you don't often get in the studio - and I think that comes across - although it sounds like a badly behaved gospel meeting in a New Orleans hip-hop club, it's actually a punk record at heart."


“Judge Not just got my bones, makes me happy. I don't why, but I'm crazy in love with this song. I can't remember when something last made me feel so happy!!! Tell your friend,it's such a wonderful song, I haven't danced alone like this in years!!!xxxxx I got to stop playing it or I'll wear it out...just one more time though....here we go again.....”


Recorded and mixed by Brian McNeil at Bert's in Glen Lyon and Rocket Science Glasgow.


Video by Mark Turner


Drums: Sian Monaghan
Bass: Nico Bruce
Trumpet: Neil Weir
Guitars: Joe Nisbet Jr and Bert Bertram
Harmonium: Andy May
Vocals: Andy May, Neil Weir, Bert Bertram, Justin Currie
Produced by Joe Nisbet Jr and Brian McNeil

Facebook